Wednesday, 31 December 2008
Behind the gun are a number of Eidai Kubelwagens, I am leaving them at this stage until needed as I haven't finally decided whether they will be used in the desert or Europe.
Saturday, 27 December 2008
Thursday, 25 December 2008
- Revell Me 110
- Hobbyboss MIG 3
- Hobbyboss Hurricane
- Airfix Auster (I need this for the SOTCW game next summer)
- HaT Chariots & Warrior Queen (not sure exactly how to use three warrior queens!)
- HaT Mounted Infantry (at long last a chance to upgrade my Airfix conversions)
- The Battle of Paoli by Thomas J. McGuire
- Gods & Generals DVD
- Osprey Campaign - Austerlitz, Aspern/Wagram & Lutzen/Bautzen (should fire up my Napoleonics again)
Wednesday, 24 December 2008
I've still got a few more bits to finish painting and I hope I'll have a clean slate by the end of the year
Apologies for the quality of the images as I was forced to take them in artificial light
Tuesday, 16 December 2008
There were certainly plenty of bargains, especially if you were into Fantasy, Flames of War or Boardgames. All the tables were booked, but some remained empty, this included one for one of the main enthusiasts for the event. Attendance was low, maybe because of the fog, maybe due to wargamers spouses insisting on going Xmas shopping, or just because it was a new event.
I broke even, managing to reduce my stock slightly but finding enough bits to buy.
Will I participate again? Certainly, it was a much better atmosphere than the normal scrum at a B&B. It made us wonder about adopting a more formal approach like this for Gauntlet.
Sunday, 7 December 2008
- An Airfix Emergency set from the B&B - I need an ambulance for the next big game
- The Mars GNW Swedish Infantry- I got tempted by the range of poses
- Strelets Turkopoles - extras for my Teutonic order army and at a pinch could be used as HYW mounted archers.
I also continued the sale of items from my stash that I have convinced myself that I'll never get around to needing/painting
The real temptation was the new buildings from Total Battle Miniatures as they were demonstrating their new black powder building range with a Napoleonic game. Luckily for my wallet it was 15mm rather than 20mm.
Monday, 1 December 2008
Anyway I am now shifting tack and plan to work on the following
- 1 x Panzer IV (early war)
- 2 x Krupp Boxer protze
- 3 x Kubelwagen
- 1 x Panzer III (Matchbox, I wish I could get more)
- A collection of various Greek light infantry
- Some Polish Hussar and Austrian commanders for 1683
- Strelets Medieval Levy
- Some Frundsberg flying artillery (a fun project)
Other activities are preparing for Recon at Leeds this Saturday and then Warboot in Manchester a week on Sunday. Oh and of course Xmas.