31/05/2009

Don't insult my Italians!!

their tanks may not be up to much , but this should deal with any allied armour easily, shame they didn't produce that many. it's the Italian Cannone da 90/53
Its the Italian equivalent of the German 88mm and is produced by Italeri in their semi hard, semi glueable plastic. It's a nice crisp model and a reasonable crew (I've kept some to use with my other Italian guns). I've painted the guns/crews as if they have just been diverted to Tunisia in 1943.
At some stage Italeri will produce a version on the Lancia 3RO truck and the truck will be really useful and I'll probably end up with left over guns, but I still thought I'd rather bu the guns now rather than wait (I'm sure that's why Italeri are releasing them in this order).

3 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Good stuff - the page you linked to showed that the Italians were thinking about putting it on a truck Portee style now that would be a nice model, never mind the SPG idea it mentions at the end!

Giles said...

Very nice. Hacing spent a lot of time in Greece over the years, I'm keen to see how your WW2 Greek theatre project comes along. The buildings are looking very good.

Best wishes

Giles

Anonymous said...

Wow, your italians look identical to mine! good job