05/03/2010

Russian Village

I picked up a couple more of the Pegasus small buildings on the B&B at York, I really like these and I had bought their larger set but found them to big for normal 20mm gaming so I sold them on.

I decided to make sure that they were different to my existing models, but on checking I found that the thin cardboard bases had warped over this winter so it was a complete rebase job.

So it was out with the jigsaw and cut a new set of bases from MDF this time. The basing on all the houses is now to my current standard with the two new building to the front. I've added the outbuilding in different positions and added other bits to give a bit of variety.

I just wonder if I should have bought that other set that was on the B&B at crewe!

6 comments:

Ozvortex said...

Very nice job!

Conrad Kinch said...

Hmm...good looking building. I think I might have to invest in some of those.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Nice work - simple but very effective...

Where do you get your MDF from Will, always looking for thin MDF but never found it anywhere...

Fire at Will said...

Steve, it isn't thin MDF, it's normal Hardboard sanded down at the edges so it doesn't look so thick.

Unknown said...

Will, I plan on getting some of these for my Crimean War project. When you say that the larger sets are too big for 20mm gaming, do you mean the scale is off, or that the model's footprint is just too big? Thanks, Bob

Fire at Will said...

Bob, for me the footprint is too large and although the dorrs and windows are scaled correctly the height seems to large to me.