20/07/2010

Attack - Devizes

As luck would have it, a family visit coincided with the Devizes show so I got a morning there before heading off the a village fun day with my daughters.
My impression was that the show was similar in scale, etc to Gauntlet, but much better known, with more traders and visitors. It seems that one of the big attractions is the B&B and I certainly picked up a bargain, and there was plenty of stuff available, reasonably well laid out, and without the vultures seen at some shows.
No real eye candy so no pictures, but I met up with a number of wargamers and enjoyed an excellent pint of cider. So what did I buy? A large box of tanks of which I only wanted the US Para Jeeps and some Medieval Swiss Pikemen. So I now know that the US paras will be painted before the Brits.

On the way back into Somerset I manged to divert into Farleigh Hungerford castle for a quick visit. The ground area was quite impressive and it must have been a substantial castle in its heyday.

No comments: