Sunday, 31 July 2011
Saturday, 30 July 2011
Monday, 25 July 2011
Sunday, 24 July 2011
Saturday, 23 July 2011
Thursday, 21 July 2011
Thursday, 14 July 2011
Tuesday, 12 July 2011
Sunday, 10 July 2011
- Sturmboot 42
- British AEC Armoured Car
- Airfix Bofors tractor
- US Paratroop Battalion
- Hat 4.5" howitzers and crews (I couldn't resist)
- Guns for my SYW Hanoverians (I picked up some at Phalanx)
- US 75mm pack howitzers and paratroop crews
Saturday, 9 July 2011
- Continue reducing the stash of unpainted figures, the target is 5,000 by year end. So I have to trade/sell/paint at least 1,500 figures and more to cover what I buy in 2011. Given I typically paint around 1,500 items a year it should be feasible. – Hmmmm having just ordered some more figures from Harfields the current stash is 6,200 figures, hardly an improvement and I haven’t counted the figures I’m selling for a mate.
- Tidy up a number of armies and dispose of any old surplus painted figures, especially WW2, which has quite a number of figures I never use. - Sorted out quite a number of units, hopefully they’ll sell at
Derbyor Leedsalong with the other surplus figures.
- Upgrade more terrain, especially walls and hedges. – still to do
Major Projects (I’ve got most of the figures already)
Airborne Brigade – underway, now working on the 2nd battalion US
- WW2 British Airborne Brigade – not yet started, may get deferred to 2012
- Medieval German/Swiss Army – completed the Swiss
- Frundsberg and Pommaine “SYW” forces in preparation for a new campaign. Pommaine completed
- Terrain for the Siege of Peking game for Gauntlet – done, but it needed more work on the terrain than I anticipated
- Italian forces for the “Big Game”, mainly a number of small units for Leros plus some Allied aircraft - Aircraft done just need to work on some Italians and a Sturmboot
- Continue work on my new Afrika Korps, my plan is to mainly complete it by buying discount figures and vehicles. – Gradually acquiring the bits as I spot them The new Rapid Fire book might increase the amount required.
- Tidy up my figure database, I’ve not done a complete check for years now so I suspect it has some errors in it. – still to be done.
· 217 SYW figures and 4 guns
· 156 medievals
· 107 WW2 plus 28 vehicles, etc.
· Upgraded 48 AWI figures
· 8 Colonial casualty markers and 6 WSS figures as command teams.
· 81 new pieces of terrain plus reworked 12 trees
Total 667 items, which is below my usual average of 750.