30/06/2016

Half year progress report

A half year has flown by and it's time to review my progress against my plans. Overall I've made good progress with 917 items completed.

Painting/Modelling
(all moderate sized projects)

  • Terrain - only a few bits needed like new hedges are needed, but I'm tempted to produce some proper winter terrain to go with my figures - still not worked on the hedges, but the winter terrain has been a major effort. The winter hedges have confirmed the approach I'm going to use for my "summer" ones.
  • Saracen cavalry and a few more archers (cf 2015) - completed
  • Crusader cavalry (cf 2015) - completed
  • HYW/WOTR English add some cavalry and a few more infantry (cf 2015) - completed
  • Five Ancient German Warbands (18 strong) (cf 2015) - not yet started
  • Some Assorted Ancient Light Troops to fill in various gaps in my armies (cf 2015) - not yet started
  • Russian Partisans (cf 2015) - completed
  • Upgrade my WW1 East African Germans with the new HaT figures (cf 2015) - really must do this! - These have just landed on the painting table
  • Some extra Russians and Romanians for my WW2 winter games - completed
  • More woodland Indians so I can fight more French & Indian War games - not yet started
  • Plus a number of bits to fill in gaps in existing armies

Gaming

  • It looks like I won't need to produce anything for this years big game and my Lentini terrain will get another outing
  • - Have replayed Lentini at Bristol, unfortunately the big game was cancelled and I replayed a bigger version of Stalingrad instead.
  • One of the days at Gauntlet will be a Korsun pocket game, so I may need some terrain for this.
  • - Gauntlet is just about to happen and this has been a major focus for the last couple of months
  • I'll also try and organise a big SYW game for one of the Deeside Defenders gaming weekends
  • - still to do, I'm wavering between rule sets - Honours of War, Black Powder or upgrading my own set.

Breakdown of painting/modelling completed
Well I've achieved 917 items so far, which is a reasonably total for half way through the year, broken down as follows
Medieval 419
Terrain 230
WW2 203
WW1 52
SYW 12
Revolution 1

Finally Stash reduction?
Down from 7,420 to 7,061, so moving in the right direction, although investing in the Plastic Soldier Kickstarter may push me a bit off track. If I can sell some stuff at Gauntlet it would help.

1 comment:

cameronian said...

Plans, Plans? You're spoiling it man! Anyway, should be on Plan 'V' at this stage.