03/08/2016

On the workbench - August 2016

I've taken a few days to get back into painting/modelling mode and I'm feeling a bit intimidated by the scale of the task I've set myself for this month. To start it sounded simple, painting some Gallic/German warbands about 72 figures. Then add in the rebasing of the existing Ancient British/Gallic collection of over 500 figures, phew! To make the army capable of representing Germanic tribes only I need to add a unit of axemen, but I'd also like to give the slingers and archers a bit more variety.

Only one event this month, which is a quick trip over to Britcon, so no distractions from the big job ahead!

4 comments:

KEV. Robertson. said...

500 figures to rebase? That is a daunting task WILL. Many years ago I based 400 Zulus in 1/72nd - that took awhile- but not re-basing them. Cheers . KEV.

João Pedro Peixoto said...

Try impetus and you can place the 500 figures in a sole base :)

Fire at Will said...

JP, nice idea, LOL, but the base wouldn't fit in my storage.

cameronian said...

Bit of a self-inflicted wound there old boy. Good luck!