06/02/2017

Pictures from Vapnartak

I attended Vapnartak in York very much as a "paying" customer yesterday (over 60s are free) as the Lance & Longbow society wasn't running a game, but I did spend some time manning the recruiting stand. Here's some pictures of games that caught my eye.

The men who would be kings participation game - seemed to be be good fun, must get around to playing it now I have read the rules.


Kut al Amara 1915 played in 15mm at a strategic level (reminded me of a similar played at a conference of wargamers many years ago)


Wings of War, I've played it a number of times, but never with Gothas


The regular static game




The other Kut-al-Amara game in 28mm, great eye-candy, everyone having lots of fun, just let down by not having anyone doing "front of house"











It did feel that there was a lack of games this year and there were empty corners where I think there were traders in previous years.

2 comments:

Monty said...

Blimey! Some impressive stuff there, Will!

Pete. said...

Thanks for the photos Will. I always think it is a big let down to not have people prepared to talk to the public at a demo.

Cheers,

Pete.