16/11/2017

Not forgetting the Germans

A couple of odd-balls out of the EWM miscast box. A Pionierkraftwagen to the left and a Steyr 1500 truck to the right. Both painted up for early war.


The Steyr came without a cab and I couldn't find any pictures showing this vehicle without one (until I finished it of course) The lucky thing was the RSO was made by the same manufacturer so I used the top from a left-over Plastic Soldier RSO cab and fitted it on top.

The Pionierkraftwagen is a big beast and I now feel the need to acquired a trailer with some assault dinghies on it. The crew are HaT tanks riders cut down to fit.

4 comments:

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

These are really fantastic Will. The Steyr is great but I've never seen the big beast before and you've done an excellent job with it. Where did you get it from and who makes it? I'd love to get my hands on one. Thanks a lot for posting.

Monty said...

Excellent work, very effective!

Fire at Will said...

The big beast is a Henschel LKW Pionierkraftwagen from Early War Miniatures

http://earlywarminiatures.com/product/henschel-pionier-kraftwagen-lkw-3-ton-type-33-with-11-crewman/

Chris Kemp said...

You can never have too many trucks, Will. Nice builds.

Regards, Chris.