06/07/2018

Half year progress report

First the good news, the tests show my problem was normal for my age, so carry on as normal. Now a quick review of how far I got in the first half of the year


The major project is Tricorne rebasing, covering all my Seven Years War and American War of Independence armies, this is ambitious - around 2,000 figures, but hopefully it should just be "cosmetic" as I won't be physically changing the units or bases.- I've just finished the Prussians and about to start the Austrians

Painting/Modelling - moderate sized projects
  • Napoleonics - carried over from 2017. I've got quite a pile of figures (mainly cavalry) available to replace/upgrade some of my oldest units. Plus Spanish infantry, Polish infantry, French artillery and Russian Guard artillery - not started
  • Egypt 1800 - adding more French, British and Ottoman troops to my existing armies, probably by doubling up the existing units. - Not started
Smaller projects
  • WW2 Ardennes - finishing off various bits- completed what I had planned
  • WW2 North Africa - expanding my US forces to cover North Africa by adding Stuarts, Lees and any other new units that the new Battlegroup book might require.- Stuarts and Lees added, now I have the book and all I need is some T19 GMCs , but having used a couple of substitutes I'm not sure whether to bother?
  • WW2 eastern front - extending my winter Russians for late war winter warfare, mainly by adding tanks.- all done
  • Some desert sand-dunes/wadi sides - carried over from 2017- not started
  • Various houses to add to my Eighteenth Century town, including a model of my daughter's house - carried over from 2017- not started
  • Need to create those Renaissance galleys - carried over from 2017 - any useful ideas welcomed- not started but I have an idea
  • Adding some Highland regiments to my SYW British, also for use against the Jacobites!- one completed, the others on the way
  • Plus a number of bits to fill in odd gaps in existing armies- not started
Gaming

  • Continue to support the Lance & Longbow Society games at various shows- We passed on Vapnartak this year
  • Nothing decided yet for the SOTCW game at Gauntlet- for various reasons including my medical issues this is a miss for this year
  • We plan to hold a big Battlegroup event in May, so I may be a major contributor to the terrain and troops needed - - Completed successfully
  • I need to organise one or two large games, one SYW and another to be decided, hopefully my rebasing will be an incentive.- not started
  • Again try to get to Crisis in Antwerp- not organised yet

Painting/Modelling

Total of 905 items completed so far this year
SYW 430 Mainly rebasing except the Highlanders
WW1 166 Selection of Poles, Serbs, Ottomans & Arabs
Renaissance 123 Ottomans & Russian
WW2 99 Indian Infantry & plenty of tanks
Terrain 87 Mainly for Market Garden

No comments: