The major project is Tricorne rebasing, covering all my Seven Years War and American War of Independence armies, this is ambitious - around 2,000 figures, but hopefully it should just be "cosmetic" as I won't be physically changing the units or bases.- The Prussian are done, I've just finished the Austrians and about to start the French. It's beginning to look like a lot of work to get all the remainder finished by the end of the year!
Painting/Modelling - moderate sized projects
- Napoleonics - carried over from 2017. I've got quite a pile of figures (mainly cavalry) available to replace/upgrade some of my oldest units. Plus Spanish infantry, Polish infantry, French artillery and Russian Guard artillery - Painted a lot of the heavy cavalry
- Egypt 1800 - adding more French, British and Ottoman troops to my existing armies, probably by doubling up the existing units. - Not started
- WW2 Ardennes - finishing off various bits- completed what I had planned
- WW2 North Africa - expanding my US forces to cover North Africa by adding Stuarts, Lees and any other new units that the new Battlegroup book might require.- Stuarts and Lees added, now I have the book and all I need is some T19 GMCs, I just need to find a couple of Italeri fast build half tracks
- WW2 eastern front - extending my winter Russians for late war winter warfare, mainly by adding tanks.- all done
- Some desert sand-dunes/wadi sides - carried over from 2017- not started
- Various houses to add to my Eighteenth Century town, including a model of my daughter's house - carried over from 2017- not started
- Need to create those Renaissance galleys - carried over from 2017 - any useful ideas welcomed- not started but I have an idea
- Adding some Highland regiments to my SYW British, also for use against the Jacobites!- all three completed
- Plus a number of bits to fill in odd gaps in existing armies- various oddments worked on.
- Continue to support the Lance & Longbow Society games at various shows- We passed on Vapnartak this year, but attended both Phalanx and Britcon.
- Nothing decided yet for the SOTCW game at Gauntlet- for various reasons including my medical issues this was a miss for this year
- We plan to hold a big Battlegroup event in May, so I may be a major contributor to the terrain and troops needed - Completed successfully
- I need to organise one or two large games, one SYW and another to be decided, hopefully my rebasing will be an incentive.- not started
- Again try to get to Crisis in Antwerp- flights and accomodation organised
Total of 1,625 items completed so far this year
|SYW||913||Mainly rebasing except the Highlanders|
|WW1||205||Selection of Poles, Serbs, Ottomans, British & Arabs|
|Renaissance||155||Ottomans & Russian|
|WW2||138||Extra desert stuff including Indian Infantry, civilians & plenty of tanks|
|Terrain||141||Mainly for Market Garden|