22/06/2009

Back from the big game

I've had a great weekend with the Society of Gentlemen Wargamers refighting the German invasion of Crete in 1941. The bulk of my photos cover the Rethymnon sector where I was involved. Everyone's pictures are being assembled on the SOGG site.




Hopefully this slide show will work for everyone.

Overall it was a marginal British victory but the Germans had firm control of Maleme. I had a fairly successful couple of days as a Commonwealth/Greek commander and by the end of the second day we were mopping up the last remaining Germans on our table.

2 comments:

littlejohn said...

BEAUTIFUL GAME!!

Arsovski Todor said...

Wow this is absolutely fantastic. I am about to start a new diorama and you have given me a lot of new ideas for the terrain and buildings. Great work :)