I'm on a bit of the roll at the moment. These complete my Roman army rebasing project.
The HaT cataphracts didn't really need rebasing, but unfortunately it was a desert colour so it was not consistent with the rest. They are underscale compared to Rospaks, but on the battlefield in seperate units it's not too noticable
The commanders are old 25mm Minifigs, they are a bit too large/chunky. I wonder if there is anything out there more suitable? 28mm would be too big, maybe 3D printed?
My latest acquisitions are mainly newly released figures.
My plans are
My plans are
- More French Infantry for the WSS - I've now get enough for 10 units
- British Infantry for the WSS - It wouldn't be fair just to do the French and I can also use them against my Jacobites for 1689 and 1715.
- British winter tank crews - Not sure I'll bother with snow on the bases, maybe try some mud.
- Volkssturm - something to add the the mix for Fall of the Reich games
- NVA and VC - yet more to add to my Vietnam mix
- Mounted musketters and cardinal's guards - to go with the foot versions I have already got
- Ukrainian Cossacks - enough to complete units of Polish Pancerni and Imperial Croats
- Roman/Crusader Transport - mainly bought for the Oxen, which I need for my Napoleonic Spanish
After a successful February's painting I feel I might catch up with the lost time in January(maybe?) So while waiting for another large order of figures I'll be working on:-
German desert Stuka - just doing the finishing touches
Germa winter limber - only the basing to do
4 units of Napoleonic Prussian Cavalry - started
Boer War artillery both Krupp and Pom-Poms
Russian peasant skirmishers suitable for any period where muskets are used
Start on rebasing my Early Imperial Romans