14/04/2010

Janissaries again

Well, I thought I had finished with my Janissaries as I prepared to base them up. However I found that one figure was missing, so that the unit of skirmishers is still waiting until be turns up.

For a change and also why these took loker to produce I painted them up in random colours. There does seem to be some debate as to whether the rank and file were uniformed. Certainly there were bulk issues of cloth, but what happened to it then is unclear.

The other reason for the change is that this unit is almost entirely equipped for close quarters fighting with the majority having sword and shield.

In the background is the first one my additional buildings, a new gatehouse for my city walls.

1 comment:

adeptgamer said...

Great work! Your work is one of my inspirations to keep painting 1:72 because I suck so bad at it!