24/06/2010

The long and winding road

Not quite, but since the big game the focus has been on preparation for the SOTCW game at Gauntlet. For last years game I created a road for the Chuinzi pass, and I had intended to create more if I had time, now a year has past and at last I have completed the rest of the roads.

Here's a sample

The basis is some left over rubber roofing from when my garage roof was repaired. It was cut to size and then covered with brown acrylic sealant with builders sand sprinkled on top. It was then painted up in suitable dusty colours and some scatter glued along the edges. The one problem I had was that the weather was a lot hotter than this time last year so the sealant had almost set before I added the sand so it brushed off. Therefore I had to add another layer of sealant on most pieces and rather than complete spreading all the sealant I added the sand after each piece.

2 comments:

EinarOlafson said...

Good idea and good result too!!

The Gaunlet is the Chester Wargames Group? I'm living now in North Wales and I´m planning to go some day.

Andrés.

Fire at Will said...

Andrés, Gauntlet is run by the Deeside Defenders club, which is based at Airbus at Broughton just outside Chester just off the A55 so very easy to get to from North Wales.

Normal meetings are every Thursday 18:30 - 23:00. Gauntlet will be held on Saturday and Sunday next week.

Chester Wargames Club meet at Hooton Scout Hut in Chester every Friday.