17/04/2012

Off to the desert (at last)

I've completed my first batch of British armour, the remainder are on hold, while I wait for more stowage to come in the post

A squadron of Grants, the basic model is Airfix, plus a replacement turret from S&S Models.


A couple more, I'm having to scavenge to get the vehicles I need so most of these are repair/repaint jobs on the right a Fujimi Valentine that took some saving.


An A15 Crusader squadron. There are no Arm of Service markings on any of the tanks as I've not yet decided which units they will become.  Airfix Models.



Another Crusader, and that Valentine again.

9 comments:

The Ferrymen said...

Will,
Those are some nice-looking models.
Maybe I've missed it, but what rules are you looking at using?
Are you doing a campaign?

Regards,
John

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Wow, excellent paintjobs and what a quantity of armour! hopefully they won't endure to many casulaties when fighting of Rommel!

Fire at Will said...

John, it's Rapid Fire and some of this years forces will be playing in the El Alamein big game this October

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Nicely painted. Crusaders are my all-time favorite British tank, the Lee is my second favorite.

Millsy said...

Lovely stuff mate. Nice camo choice and always good to see a Valentine. 40RTR?

Ray Rousell said...

Looking very nice!

Red_Cardinal said...

Lovely paint job. Are the Crusaders Airfix?

Fire at Will said...

Red Cardinal - yes they are the Airfix Crusaders

Fire at Will said...

Millsy - no specific unit for the Valentine, but my others are marked up for the 50th RTR, hopefully I'll find some more Liver birds to mark this one up similarly