The society put on the Cravant game and it really went well both as a game and a public spectacle.
The armies come to blows, the rules used were Impetus
A new addition to the battlefield
On the next stand was "Crossed Lances" a medieval jousting game - I'd have liked to have tried this!
An interesting war of the Worlds game
Topically, early WW1 in 28mm
As for booty I made up for the long wait by visiting GB & SD Hobbies and buying a good stack
So my plans for these are
- Fujimi Sherman 105mm - needed for my US upgrade and an unexpected find as I've unsucessfully bid more on ebay
- Italeri 25pdr & quad - similarly priced - this one is for a DAK version
- Oxford BSA Motorcycle and Sidecar - a nice oddment for my early war British, it'll need repainted and some suitable crew found
- Pegasus BA-6 - time to upgrade my old resin models I think
- Pegasus German Trucks - when I created a 2nd Panzer force for the Playmouth D-Day+6 game I was right on the limited of my German vehicles so this should come in useful
- Pegasus US Trucks - needed for my US upgrade and a bit different from my others
- Plastic Soldier M5 Half tracks - I cracked and bought some to replace my existing Frontline models
- Zvezda German m/c combo, 75mm Infantry Gun and pair of 20mm AA Guns - these are to top up my spares as I've used all of one I have got
- A small bag of Caesar British Commandos from Charles, who had travelled down from Scotland for the show and showed me some of his Almark figures. Thanks Charles, nice to put a face to a name.
- A bag of spare precut Mediterranean building parts from Simon R - these will add some needed variety to my existing collection