Thursday, 5 June 2014

On the workbench - June 2014

Life has not yet returned to normal, and I've got the big game coming up in less than three weeks. Luckily, it doesn't involve any additional painting, just sorting out my force and a couple of units, one for another gamer and one as a spare, in fact both of these forces were used for the Plymouth D-Day+6 game. However, I'd like to improve my force if time permits. Overall looking back I've made some progress over the last two months, but I still have to catch up with my attack on the stash.

So where am I up to?
  • I'm at the final stages of the Universal carriers being modified to the mortar version, the crew is fitted and I just have to sort the mortar stowage and then paint them.
    Another in-progress picture
  • 2 x British Desert Bedford QLD
  • 2 x British Desert Bedford QLT
  • 3 x German DAK Panzer III plus a Befehlspanzer III (will give me enough armour for the Alam Halfa scenario
  • 3 x German DAK Sdkfz 251/1, a Sdkfz 251/10 and Sdkfz 251/7 so I can represent either a Panzer grenadier company at reduced scale or the 10th Panzer in Tunisia
  • 4 x Loyd carriers with 6 pdrs and crews, although I have some old models, I want to get these done so my 7th Armoured Division force looks good for the big game.
  • 1 x Airfix Cromwell, another one just to replace an older resin model for the game
  • 4 x Italeri Shermans, these were bought assembled, so I'll have to paint them up so I can get them out of the way.

Then I have to get started on my US forces, hopefully next month.

No comments: