Looking back at my progress against the targets I set back in January. Overall I had a good start, but progress stalled somewhat with the death of my father, but then progress picked up again in the latter half of the year. Looking in detail:
2014 is going to be an awkward year to plan for as we’re intending to relocate home to the South West. Nothing definite decided yet but I suspect it’s going to take up a fair chunk of my time. There will be a big game this year themed around post D-Day, which will tend to prioritise work on WW2 stuff to the early part of the year. – Moving never happened; the housing market seems totally stagnant in the North West apart from new build.
Major Projects (at least 100 figures, month or more in effort)
Paint at least 3 Rapid Fire US battalions to replace my aging existing forces. Figures will be Plastic Soldier, but won’t get started until the Heavy Weapons set appears – Completed and more as it turned into a major upgrade of the whole army
Finish the Jacobites, by adding French and Lowland units – Not started, partly because I failed to source some of the Redbox figures needed.
Axis winter forces – German/Italian/Hungarian – Not started
Reorganise/Rebase my WW2 British, this will include painting a box of Plastic Soldier British to replace a unit I have already sold - Completed
Complete the late French armée d’orient. – Almost completed because I feel I need to add a few more bits
War of Spanish Succession – add Austrian Grenadiers and possibly some Saxons. – Completed, though I’d now like a bit more Saxon cavalry
Egyptian troops for the Sudan. – Completed, but as above I’m going to add a bit more
Try and play at least one big battle from the 1814 campaign in France – Failure, just didn't get the chance.
The stash is still far too big; I want to get it down from seven storage boxes to five by the time we move. In line with this, I plan to complete as many plastic kits as possible, there are over 40 there at present so completing these should free up one box at least. – Partial Success I now have only six boxes. While the internet was down for two weeks I had a look through the stash, but typically I could justify keeping virtually everything in it!
No new armies until after we move – will be quite difficult to achieve if plastic figure manufacturers bring out something tempting. – Managed it so far, but keeping it going will get trickier
Part 2 will cover what I actually painted