04/05/2010

Parade - late WW2 Germans

I got all my late war Germans out yesterday, it's was frightening to see how many I had when they were all laid out on one table. I did it as part of getting ready for the big game because I needed to decide how I would source the figures I needed. Also in the back of my mind was the feeling that the collection was in need of some culling, especially if the new figures from Plastic Soldier appear.
So here are various pictures of the army laid out with the armour to the left, infantry to the right. Reece to the front and artillery to the back.

One obvious conclusion was the diversity of style given the collection spanned over 40 years collecting. It also confirmed my view that the newer washes I have been using are darker than the past.
I won't identify anything, but if anyone what's to know about specific figures/vehicles leave a comment. The vehicles are predominantly Airfix, Matchbox, Frontline and Fujimi, and the infantry Airfix, Revell and Hat.

5 comments:

Steven said...

That is quite a collection!

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

There's more there than Hitler actually had at the end!

Love the little Goliath's b.t.w!

GEM Team said...

wow nice parade

Snickering Corpses said...

Quite an impressive array. Which set provided the surrendered Germans at the front?

The Goliaths are from the Revell German Pioneer set, right? Are the surrendered figures laborers from that set?

Fire at Will said...

yes the surrendering Germans are mainly from the Revell german Engineer set, but tere are also a few Surrendering Afrika Korps figures with leg swaps and a couple of Wounded German Paras