22/06/2012

The beginnings of my Dervish Army

Only a few Beja, just 70 added to another 30 I had already painted for my Mameluke forces. I've organised them into five units made up of 4 bases. I could have followed the Peter Gilder approach and varied the number of figures on each base but I decided to keep to five on each.



Figures are a mix of Waterloo 1815, Hat and a few Esci.



I used the same technique for flesh as before with a base coat of sand and then a wash of brown ink. Unfortunately as I had almost run out of the GW ink I had to make to with Windsor and Newton ink mixed in, which did not give as deep a colour.

Here's the originals I had painted back in 2007, now rebased.


For those who don't like Lightbox, please use a right mouse click on the pictures and "Open link in new tab"

3 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

What about rules, Will?? :o))

Fire at Will said...

Initially it'll be Black Powder, but I plan to use a variant of my Zulu Rules longer term, trouble is I'll probably then do more work on my Zulu wars figures!

Paul´s Bods said...

Impressive!!! I know what you mean about the rules and getting down to an actual game..there´s too many figs that need painting :-D
Cheers
paul