I decided to rebase my old 8th Army figures to my current standard ready for the big game next weekend. What a mistake! It would have been quicker and better to have started from scratch.
The units were based on card with tile grout to give the scenic effect. Unlike other units were it had become brittle and flaked off, this was permanent, maybe because I used it on top of mounting card. Anyway after much effort it was removed, but had changed a minor touch up job into a significant one.
Therefore many of the figures needed retouched, and of course you always spot bits that could be improved, especially as the units were over 20 years old.
So on the right the Highland battalion that I will actually use in the game and on the left another battalion as a spare and for my own use
Of course it didn't stop there, I now have to sort out my command bases as well, so much for deadlines, they have to be ready before Friday.