17/09/2018

Napoleonic Saxon Cuirassiers

Some real painting, not rebasing. These two units of Saxon cuirassiers will replace my old Airfix versions, that have seen better days. In the front is Von Zastrow, which was destroyed in the Russian campaign of 1812, behind is the Lieb regiment that missed that campaign. At the rear is the third heavy cavalry regiment the Garde du Corps, which I painted previously.

The figures used are Italeri French Carabiniers mounted on their 1806 Prussian Cavalry horses. Luckily I had just enough figures to make a command stand as well.

2 comments:

James Fisher said...

They look great as Saxons Will. Beautifully done.
James

Pat Smith Silver Whistle Blog. said...

I imagine a few hours must have gone into painting them Will, I have been painting some Napoleonic infantry for SP and it has taken me ages, so not looking forward to the cavalry.
Cheers,
Pat.