30/10/2008

Prussian Landwehr Cavalry

It's been a while since I produced any Napoleonics, so once I received a few Hat Prussian Dragoons (I still need more) I painted these two units, both Silesian Landwehr Cavalry. The one to the left the 3rd Regiment, unusual in having a polish lancer uniform, presumably from captured stocks. The other is the 2nd Regiment in a fairly orthodox uniform.

For the 3rd I used the Esci Polish Lancers and the 2nd used the Hat Prussian Dragoons. Both units along with the 1st Silesian were in the same brigade at Waterloo, but during 1813 they were individually attached to infantry brigades in the army of Silesia.

Will

2 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

..it looks like you use a variant of your own rules for Napoleonics based on the unit mounting??? Nice work, either way...

Fire at Will said...

Steve, yes, they are based similar to my AWI/SYW rules, but I've not developed a specific set yet. I've been using unsuccessfully a number of other rules so far.

Will