I had quite a successful foray to the B&B picking up quite a bit for the stash
- A mixed bag of HaT Alexander's Light Infantry & Zvezda Greek Infantry (I'm sure I need a few more lights)
- Two bags of Hat Macedonian Cavalry mixed with Italeri Macedonian Cavalry (should give me some more prodromoi, round off a couple of other units, and possibly use some for Successor Agema)
- Italeri AWI British Light cavalry (Complete impluse since I already have one set to upgrade my AWI American cavalry)
- Zvezda English Knights of the HYW (As I'm working on the HYW these looked too nice to pass over)
- Strelets-R Medieval Levy 1 (I need some scruffy types to back up the knights etc.)
- Zvezda Russian Infantry Of Peter The Great (2 packs) I was debating increasing my Marlboroughian forces so finding these persuaded me - they'll probably become German infantry in blue.
- Strelets-R Swedish Infantry of Charles XII (I always like strelets for the variety of poses allowing bases to become dioramas - so these will provide another regiment)
- Matchbox Panzer III (Hurrah, I've been looking for more of these for a while)
- Airfix Panzer IV (I need another short barrelled one for some early war scenarios, I'll try and model it as an earlier version than the F1)
I also picked up from traders
- Zvezda Polish Hussars (a cheap box and I really want the command figures)
- Fujimi Panzerjaeger I (again like the Pz IV needed for early war scenarios, It was nice to see Fujimi back on sale again)
- The latest WSS with the theme of Ligney by Barry Hilton, a battle I always intend to refight.
There were lots of traders and the venue is great with easy access and parking, natural light, far better than the old Civic Centre (shows how long it was since I was last at the show)
On a second foray back to the B&B I ran into Andy Callan racking through the plastics, both of us agreeing on the pleasures of rummaging and finding that long desired set going cheap. One of other great pleasures of shows is running into old wargaming opponents, like Andy, from other parts of the country.
Probably the next show I'll be at will be Leeds