11/05/2019

28mm Spanish Infantry for New Spain

A selection of Spanish units to defend their colonies against pirates. Figures are Warlord (ex Wargames Factory) and the detail is rather flat for 28mm. I organised the units (companies) in twelves so I could used Pikemans Lament or Rebels and Patriots. All of the metropolitan units did send odd companies out to defend the colonies. The Blue coated unit is Colonial regulars.


I've spotted a few bits in the pictures that need touched up and I've still to add the flag


I will be buying some movement trays at Phalanx and I've also got to finish off the mounted officers.

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

They look tantalizingly good! I, for one, feel that less pronounced detail is preferable. These remind me of RSM95 figures for the later mid-18th century given the similarity of marching poses for the enlisted men. Great stuff.

Best Regards,

Stokes

João Pedro Peixoto said...

Don't worry with your betrayal of 20mm. I did the same with Waterloo which I'm making in 28mm. God bless the big plastic little soldiers!!