01/04/2020

On the Workbench - April 2020

Usually I would be away for one or two weeks in April, but obviously this year I can't. So there will be more time available to paint/model than usual. But I'll try and create a bit of variety to avoid getting bored with painting Persians, there is also quite a bit left over from March, but I started more than I planned.

  • 4 units of 16 Persian Kardakes - stalled as I can't find any suitable decals for the shields
  • 3 units of 16 Persian archers - well underway
  • 6 units of 6 Persian medium cavalry - well underway
  • 2 x Russian T26 tanks - just started
  • 2 Napoleonic Bavarian limbers
  • 1 Napoleonic Wurttemberg limber
  • 2 units of 28 Russian Soldatski
  • Start work on some terrain - as the weather is warming up I can work in the garage while "Tidying it up"
  • Then work on more Persians

keep safe

5 comments:

Trebian said...

What manufacturer are the Kardakes and the Persion archers?

Fire at Will said...

Trbian - HaT Persian Heavy Infantry

Trebian said...

I've got a few of those. I just doodled on the shields in gold and white paint in the end, I think.

I'd say you have two options:

1) Finish them with plain shields and then when you find some transfers apply them then.

2) Finish them with a painted design, then when you find transfers just over paint the shield and apply the transfer.

Fire at Will said...

I'm currently working on some transfer designs that a friend should be able to print.

Bluewillow said...

Nice mate, I would just pick.....Persians! Lol

Cheers
Matt