01/09/2020

Another river to cross?

Only 4 years late - the bridge across the river for the Korsun pocket game for Gauntlet 2016. It had been debatable whether the river and potential bridge would be needed and in the event they weren't.


My original plan was for a single span but that seemed too wide, so I added a central support, hopefully it reflects the extemporised bridges used on the astern Front in WW2


I alo created a couple of additional ramps so I could bridge narrower rivers.


Just need the narrower rivers now!

5 comments:

Counterpane said...

Really good, Will! I don't think the Gniloy Tickitsch was bridged at the location were the Korsun Pocket escapees got away but that's a loverly model that I'd have been very pleased to see at the game.

Jeeze, is it really four years ago?

Fire at Will said...

Richard, I think the idea was to add the bridge if the Germans were struggling to provide an incentive that they could still escape.

Bluewillow said...

Nice idea Will, and you could also add a pontoon to it for further variation.

cheers
Matt

João Pedro Peixoto said...

We are both into bridges. Hopefully no suicidal tendencies :) This one is great!

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Great stuff Will, we must revisit that game one day and play it out over a weekend.
Cheers, Richard P