02/03/2022

Re-equipping my French army for 1940

A very large batch of 3D printed resin has now been finished, with all the French vehicles I could find files for. I have subsequently found more I "need" and I'll print them when I next start up the printer. The basis was the equipment needed to fit the orbats in the new Rapid Fire books for 1940. The mass:-
The Laffly S20, ten are needed for the two Dragons-Portee battalions in a DLM, plus a couple of modifications to produce portees for 25mm ATG's. Although I have some of these I have bought the files so I can print off more.
A pair of Chemilette-Lorraines with trrop carrying trailers for my for Chasseurs Mecanises in a DCR. I need to print a couple of fuel trailers for another scenario.
AMR35s for the cavalry, quite weak but as good as a Panzer I. I need to print some ZT-1 turrets to be upgrade them with a later fittes HMG. I also haven't finally decided whether to give them disruptive camouflage.
A Renault AHN to provide some heavy transport and a Laffly S20 Radio truck, a really lovely model.
Finially the remnants, a pair of requestioned Citroen-Avant cars accompany a Citroen P28 AMR halftrack (The body was an EWM reject, I just printed a turret). The Citroens had quite weak wheels that had to be supported.
The main STL file I still need to find is one for the Latil field car and ideally a Paris bus such as a Renault TN4 or TN6.

2 comments:

Andy Canham said...

Great work. I found files for the Lorraine and trailer just before the resin spill, so aim to have a crack at that when it's back up and running. Did print off some Somua S-35s and FT-17s, but those are with German retro-fitted cupolas for Normandy. Must look out for the Laffly artillery tow stl as well.

Cheers, Andy

The Tactical Painter said...

Wow, quite the production line, you're definitely getting good value out of that printer.