03/04/2022

Progress against plan Q1 2022

It certainly feels like a slow start to the year with only 268 items completed, but I also carried out my first print run of the year and generated a lot of stuff that now has to be painted.

Looking at progress against the detailed plan:-

First and foremost my plan is to meet with as many friends as possible, assuming that retrictions come to an end, other than that I'll be working on three themes. - underway - Beacon Wargames club is well established and we've had our first gaming day of the year. I also supported the Lance & Longbow Society at Vapnartak.

Game specific projects
  • Pegasus bridge and Horsa glider for a D-Day game - not started
  • Continuing to build my War of Spanish Succession forces, as quickly as Strelets release them - underway - French mounted dragoons completed
  • Rebase/upgrade the whole of my Anglo-Zulu War armies including the Boers - not started
  • Attempt to rationalise my terrain - not started
Reducing the existing stash, I'd like to make at least a 10% reduction - underway - I have had a purge and sold some surplus on ebay
  • Paint the already printed WW2 French vehicles - Completed, but I've printed more
  • Extra Afrika Corps and Italian figures to convert my Rapid Fire troops to use Batttlegroup. - not started
  • French Goumier Platoon - not started
  • An Australian Platoon plus supports for the desert/Crete, etc - completed.
  • WW2 German Gebirgsjaeger and remaining Two platoons of winter infantry - not started
  • Cavalry for the Seven Years War/Jacobite Rebellion - completed
  • Napoleonic Spanish artillery and more cavalry - not started
  • 1800 French in Egypt - double up the unit size from 12 to 24 - not started
  • French Revolution - Cisapline legion troops - not started
  • More Crusader baggage and Saracen cavalry - not started
  • Imperial Croat cavalry and Polish pancerni - not started
  • WW1 odd bits and pieces - not started
Exploiting the 3D resin printer
  • Completing my Japanese forces for Pacific/Burma, by printing a selection of suitable vehicles to hopefully cover various 1941-1945 campaigns. - underway - a whole range of tanks, vehicles and guns have been printed
  • Gradually replacing poorly cast or moulded models with new resin prints - underway - in the latest print run I printed replcements for my existing Somua S35's
  • LVTs and any other extra vehicles so I can carry out Pacific beach landing games - underway - LVT's printed
  • Test printing of 20mm figures - Carried out, seems feasible, need to decide on approach
  • Components for buildings, doors, windows, shutters etc. - not started
  • Try some 1/100 moderns for NorthAG - not started
  • More vehicles for "Setting the East Ablaze" - underway - Lanchester armoured cars completed, still need trucks

No comments: