26/08/2022

WSS yet more French Cavalry

I could easily have painted all the new Strelets Garde do Corps figures as that unit as it comprised eight strong companies, but instead I only painted one "company" from that unit and painted the rest as Gendarmerie de France.
For the Garde du Corps company I selected the 1st Scottish company, this will join the Grenadiers a Cheval and Gendarmes of the Guard in my Maison du Roi Brigade
The Gendarmerie also formed a strong Brigade and I selected the Reine, Dauphin and Bourguinon companies. I much prefer the paper flag I used for Bourguinon rather than my attempts at hand painting the moulded on Strelets flags.

5 comments:

Tiberian general said...

Fantastic cavalry units Will.

Willz.

Trebian said...

Very nice! I see, as a side note, that the Strelets WSS sculptor is still digging trenches at Kharkov as it pays better than sculpting toy soldiers according to the Strelets forum.

Independentwargamesgroup said...

There's only one issue with the Gendarmerie, you will want more, ie the rest. They are just too pretty to resist.Then of course you will need the remainder of the Household Guard, such is wargaming.

James Fisher said...

Beaut figures and they look lovely Will.
Regards, James

Fire at Will said...

I'm trying hard to resist the temptation to paint more. But I know that when the cuirassier sets appear I will succumb again.