18/02/2009

More Springwoods! (Austrian Grenadiers)

I had been hunting for the revised Italeri Austrian figures for my 1800 Austria forces, as they solely contained Austrians and in addition some Grenadiers, but with no luck. However I did get sufficient of the earlier figures to provide the line units (previous post). I had decided to use my existing Napoleonic Austrian Grenadiers by building a base they could slot into. My Napoleonic Infantry are based in 6's on a 40 x 25 base and my standard base size for most other periods including this one is 45 x 45.

On further reflection I decided that as I still had sufficient of my old Springwood Austrian Grenadier figures left I would paint up these instead.

Combined with my one existing battalion I now have enough Grenadiers for the Marengo scenarios from Wargames Illustrated.

In addition I have also added more of my fictitious Frundsberg Frei Stadt troops to the army as they used the Prussian figures that came with the Austrians (picture on the Frundsberg blog)

No comments: