23/01/2016

German Police battalion - Schuma

The Schutzmannschaft were German Auxiliary Police battalions use for rear area security and worse in Russia. Given I am painting some partisans I need these to provide some opposition. They were organised by nationality and wore a variety of uniforms, after some debate I decided to use a grey shade for all of them.
.
Figures are the Strelets Police Battalion, they depict a variety of different uniforms and I decided that the grey would create a more consistent appearance except for those still in civilian clothes. Normally there would be a forth company with MMGs, but no figures were in the set so when needed I'll just add some from one of my normal German units.

2 comments:

Nick Grant said...

Armed bully boys!

Pete. said...

A nice job on some very unsavoury characters.

Cheers,

Pete.