26/06/2019

Nine Years War - French Infantry

I originally bought a pack of Mars Austrian Infantry Late XVII Century to mix in with my existing forces, but quickly realised they wouldn't look right even organised as separate units. So I decide to try something different and organise them as a stand alone force for Pikemans Lament. There were enough figures to create four units of twelve painted as contingents from different French regiments. I also decided to try the alternative Pikemens Lament basing on 20/30/40mm bases.


Pikemen - Lorraine


Fusiliers do Roi


Grenadiers - La Reine


Fusiliers - Navarre


Uniform details came from the Osprey Armies of Louis XIV

3 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

I was a bit skepticl when I looked at them at PSR but They look fine painted

Paul´s Bods said...

Skeptical..not skepticl

Fire at Will said...

yes they are very chunky, not really a good mix for my Strelets and Zvezda, but good enough on their own. I'll probably use the Mars Mounted Musketeers with them for games