08/12/2019

Recon 2019

The last show of the year Recon at Pudsey, Leeds. Always a great day out at a low key event. As always I was there with the Lance & Longbow Society putting on the what-if battle of Clifton, the same game as at Britcon. This time Strickland won 4-0. I didn't take any pictures of our game (not sure why?) but I did see some other games that caught my eye, mainly small scale.

Frost v's Grabner at Arnhem by All Hell Let Loose, a nice reconstruction of Arnhem



Cold War gone hot in 20mm using a variant of Rapid Fire by Legendary Wargames






A gridded version of Culloden



A Naval landing


Viazma 1812 in 2mm


Not a lot of booty, but I did clear an amount of army surplus. I'm still tempted by the Sarissa terrain tile system, and their painting guide had some useful hints.


The find of the show Irongate Scenery, very nice detailed resin models mainly 28mm, but the 9pdr cannon and Mortar are certainly good for 20mm. I bought the 24pdr cannon for my 28mm Pirates.


Other reports on the show
Wargame Amateur
Storm of Steel(Video)

No comments: