03/02/2020

Tannenberg at Vapanartak and other games

Quite a busy day for me running the Lance & Longbow game of Tannenberg 1410. My voice still hasn't quite recovered from all the umpiring. Everyone who participated seemed to enjoy it.

The forces before the start, from the Teutonic side


The Polish/Lithuanians


I was so involved I didn't get chance to take any in progress pictures of the games except one. For those interested the rules were a big battle variant of Lion Rampant.

In the middle of the second game, Andy observing intently


With most of my time taken up with the game I didn't get much chance to view the traders or other games, but this is what caught my eye

Viking raid




Battle of Fiume 1920






Raid on Entebbe




Poland 1939



Grimsby's excellent retreat to the Dnieper in 10mm.


lots of excellent modelling


A lovely assortment of bridges


even a working cinema!


The final booty quite a haul of Persians, hopefully I won't need any more to complete my Persian army. My small Scottish army will get an extra Schiltron. I also decided to get some more Livonian Knights to add some extra command stands to the Teutonic order. The peasants will provide some suitable mobs, especially for smaller games of Lion Rampant.

Some more pictures over on the Wargame Amateur blog (link)
and The Wargaming Erratic (link)

4 comments:

Bluewillow said...

Great stuff Will,

Thanks for the photos of the games, some nice looking tables, particularly the raid on Entebbe.

Cheers
Matt

MSFoy said...

Good photos, Will - thanks for this. I did consider attending myself, but managed to find an excuse not to go - wish I'd gone now! Last time I stayed in the Travelodge in Micklegate on the Saturday night - global centre for hedonism and fighting bears - I'm still recovering!

Neil Scott said...

Great looking game. Passed by a few times to see the games in progress

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Mr Canham looking very engrossed in the action.