01/10/2020

Austrian Napoleonic Landwehr

I delayed buying these HaT figures until recently as I disliked the rubbery plastic they were using when they were first issued, Since then they have reverted to a more normal soft plastic, so I invested in some. These are 1813 Landwehr, painted up as the 4th battalions of my line regiments.

I already had two battalions, one of converted Springwood Austrians and the other a very rough and ready reuse of some Airfix Confederates, the later will certainly now be retired.

The remaining figures will be used in due course for German light infantry and as head donors to make for some of the more unusual Austrian troop types.

4 comments:

Neil Scott said...

Nice work

João Pedro Peixoto said...

Just excellent. I feel like getting back to Napoleonics.

Uwe said...

Hi Will,

the 5th battalions had this old 1809 Landwehr style uniforms. I would add some 4th Reserve battalions to your units too. These had the grey uniform, but shakos.

If you need, I can send you some uniformplates.

I really like your idea here. I have to think about increasing my Austrians too:-)

cheers
Uwe

Fire at Will said...

Uwe, thanks, I probably won't add any 5th reserve battalions as they aren't mentioned in the Nafziger orders of battle for Germany 1813. very interesting about the shakos as all my sources mention corsehut

Will
Fire-at-Will@live.co.uk