22/10/2020

Last of the Greeks - commanders and cavalry

The last but hardest stage of rebasing my Greek army, and it is now completed.
A couple of the mounted commanders were 25mm metal figures, and the other was a Rospak conversion. I gave each one a supporting infantryman, for the others I added some standard bearers from the last remaining hoplite figures. It's not clear if the ancient Greeks used Vexillia, but it looks much better. The Spartan commander was a Rospaks Roman centurion and his standard bearer was a odd Rospak phalangite that I found in a job-lot of figures.
For the Thessalian cavalry I used some Rospaks that had been converted to Companions with tinfoil cloaks. I removed the cloaks, replaced a number of arms and repositioned the heads before adding new cloaks from greenstuff.

3 comments:

Neil Scott said...

They look great

Trebian said...

Excellent. I have some boxes of Zvezda Macedonian cavalry band infantry on the to do list as well.

James Fisher said...

They are fine bases Will; not to mention the painting. I particularly like and appreciate what you did with banners and shields.
Regards, James