31/03/2021

Roman cataphracts and commanders

I'm on a bit of the roll at the moment. These complete my Roman army rebasing project.
The HaT cataphracts didn't really need rebasing, but unfortunately it was a desert colour so it was not consistent with the rest. They are underscale compared to Rospaks, but on the battlefield in seperate units it's not too noticable
The commanders are old 25mm Minifigs, they are a bit too large/chunky. I wonder if there is anything out there more suitable? 28mm would be too big, maybe 3D printed?

2 comments:

Marc the plastics fan said...

Will, what about someone like Newline or SHQ - do they do Romans?

Fire at Will said...

Marc, SHQ are probably too small as Rospak are nearly the same size as old 25mm figures before they began to grow. I couldn't find any Roman commanders by Newline except for Republican Roman. Maybe if the get to Phalanx this year I'll get chance to check the fit.