13/03/2021

Some different Prussian cavalry

I've already got a fair sized collection of Prussian cavalry but when Strelets released their new sets I had to support their iniative. So I decided to paint a number of units that contrasted the more standard ones in my army.
The easiest, the 7th Uhlans from Waterloo, ex Heilwig Streifcorps
3rd Uhlans (Brandenburg) the sole gap in my army (although I do have some Landwehr cavalry that could stand in for them)
Silesian National Cavalry, basically a hussar uniform. There are two variants of the uniform with red or yellow collars and cuffs, I went for the yellow. I gave them a Silesia flag to add some more colour. In the 1815 reorganization, two squadrons of the regiment went to form the Guard Uhlans and two squadrons went to the 7th Hussars.
Pommeranian National Cavalry, a green variation on the dragoon uniform. Again I gave them a flag Pomeranian this time. In the 1815 reorganization, two squadrons of the regiment went to form the Guard Dragoons and two squadrons went to the 4th Uhlans.
It would be nice if Strelets now produce a set of Prussian cuirassiers suitable for 1813/14 i.e. without cuirasses.

5 comments:

Stryker said...

These look great a Will, a good addition!

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Strelets do some cracking figures - as good if not better than a lot made in metal .

Uwe said...

A nice selection of lesser known units. At least painted the figures are looking good. This is not my favourite sculptor from Strelets. You made a good job with them.

Andy Canham said...

Nice colourful selection. Great stuff.

Chasseur said...

Nice work on these cavalry!