02/07/2022

Progress against plan Q2 2022

Or rather lack of progress, with the same pace continuing in Q2 as in Q1, and only completing 503 items. This is partly due to a number of problems with my resin printed vehicles, most of which have had to be drilled and drained of uncured resin. Even so some have still split and some irrepairably so.

Looking at progress against the detailed plan:-

First and foremost my plan is to meet with as many friends as possible, assuming that retrictions come to an end, other than that I'll be working on three themes. - underway - Beacon Wargames club is well established and we've now celebrated our first birthday. There have been less shows than pre-Covid and family comitments have prevented me from attanding others, luckily they do mean I will get to Attack at Devizes in two weeks.

Game specific projects
  • Pegasus bridge and Horsa glider for a D-Day game - not started
  • Continuing to build my War of Spanish Succession forces, as quickly as Strelets release them - underway - French mounted dragoons completed, still waiting for the new releases
  • Rebase/upgrade the whole of my Anglo-Zulu War armies including the Boers - not started
  • Attempt to rationalise my terrain - not started
Reducing the existing stash, I'd like to make at least a 10% reduction - underway - I had a purge in Q1 and sold some surplus on ebay
  • Paint the already printed WW2 French vehicles - Completed, and painted the extras I have printed.
  • Extra Afrika Corps and Italian figures to convert my Rapid Fire troops to use Batttlegroup. - only undecoated
  • French Goumier Platoon - Completed
  • An Australian Platoon plus supports for the desert/Crete, etc - Completed.
  • WW2 German Gebirgsjaeger and remaining Two platoons of winter infantry - not started
  • Cavalry for the Seven Years War/Jacobite Rebellion - Completed
  • Napoleonic Spanish artillery and more cavalry - not started
  • 1800 French in Egypt - double up the unit size from 12 to 24 - not started
  • French Revolution - Cisapline legion troops - not started
  • More Crusader baggage and Saracen cavalry - not started
  • Imperial Croat cavalry and Polish pancerni - not started
  • WW1 odd bits and pieces - not started
Exploiting the 3D resin printer - I'm learning about post production problems, I have lost several vehicles due to the models splitting. So once I start printing again I need to make sure the same problems don't recur.
  • Completing my Japanese forces for Pacific/Burma, by printing a selection of suitable vehicles to hopefully cover various 1941-1945 campaigns. - Well underway - a whole range of tanks, vehicles and guns have been printed and most painted.
  • Gradually replacing poorly cast or moulded models with new resin prints - underway - in the latest print run I printed replacements for my existing Somua S35's
  • LVTs and any other extra vehicles so I can carry out Pacific beach landing games - underway - LVT's printed and painted
  • Test printing of 20mm figures - Carried out, seems feasible, still need to decide on approach
  • Components for buildings, doors, windows, shutters etc. - not started
  • Try some 1/100 moderns for NorthAG - not started
  • More vehicles for "Setting the East Ablaze" - underway - Lanchester armoured cars completed, still need trucks, Austin armoured cars need replaced

No comments: