21/12/2022

Not more WW2 Germans

It seems I can't get enough of them, but they have different uniforms from the rest so I had to do it. I've painted up a couple of platoons, about two weeks apart but the cold weather delayed my painting and picture taking.
First was a Gebergsjager platoon, wearing their windproof jackets. The colour when I painted it looked right for reed green, but it drier much darker. These are a Caesar figures and it took two packets to make up the platoon. I sold off the Handshar figures that came with them.
Second is a late war platoon wearing the camouflage shelter quarter, again Caesar figures.
In both units a few extras figures from other sources were mixed in, modified with Green stuff to look similar.

1 comment:

Andy Canham said...

Nice job on them. I really liked the Caesar figures in Zeltbahn, shame they don't do quite enough poses for the platoon, especially the MG34/42 teams - I think I made numbers up with SHQ figures which look similar in stature.

Cheers, Andy