10/04/2023

Eindhoven to Veghel 1944 big game

Over Easter a selected band of Rapid Fire players gathered to play a big game covering the area of operation of the 101 Airborne division in Market Garden 1944. This covered the road route between Eindhoven and Veghel. I am pleased to say that the US players under my command captured all the bridges intact, while the Welsh Guards took Eindhoven. We were set for victory but held to a draw by Panzer Brigade 107 managing to regain a toe hold in Eindhoven.

Overall, a great two days gaming played in fine style and fitting that it finished with a draw.

A dump of pictures that I took. (I'll try and add captions)

2 comments:

sowabud said...

I like so much such a huge battle tables !

Andy Canham said...

Great looking game. Did the Germans overrun all those lovely gliders?

Cheers, Andy