05/04/2023

Progress against plan Q1 2023

A good start to the year with 610 items completed so all going well on the "Great tidy-up", and compared against specific targets I set


So with this in mind I will:
  1. Rationalise my Terrain, upgrading or replacing any unsuitable items - not started
  2. Retouch/Rebase as many figures as possible. - underway with the Zulu War
  3. Attempt to complete all the figures in the stash that have a clear fit with my current plans - underway
  4. Clear out all unwanted items - had a first purge on ebay
Amplifying the above:
1. Rationalise my Terrain, upgrading or replacing any unsuitable items
  • Wooden Fencing needs either upgraded or replaced
  • Hills, I have too many of the wrong sizes
  • Rivers need expanded
  • Wadi/Depression edges need created
2. Rework/Rebase as many figures as possible.
  • Zulu Wars - delayed from last year - British completed
  • Dark Ages
  • Russian Civil War
  • possibly Napoleonic British
3. Attempt to complete all the figures in the stash that have a clear fit with my current plans
  • Finish the WSS - Completed all that Strelets have produced so far - but hopefully they may produce more
  • Scottish schiltron - underway
  • More "Cossack" infantry & cavalry
  • Baggage camels for the Crusades, Sudan, etc. - bought the relevant STL files and test printed them
  • Replace my old Napoleonic French Dragoons - Completed
  • Napoleonic Spanish infantry for skirmish games
  • 28mm ECW cavalry
4. Clear out all unwanted items, including painted figures
  • Assess each existing period, army, and units to consider if I am really going to use them
  • Reduce the figure stash from 4 crates to 3 - underway - some sold on ebay
5. 3D Printing - the bulk of my immediate needs have been printed so I am looking at
  • ways to produce matching 20mm figures & smaller equipment to complete my Napoleonic and other armies
  • components for houses and other terrain
  • work on how to make/modify files to meet my specific needs
6. Gaming
  • Play at least one WW2 Sicily game as is is the 80th anniversary this year
  • I would like to try Dresden 1813 as it is the 210th anniversary
  • Attend as many shows as possible - managed Vapanartak and Hammerhead so far

No comments: