13/07/2023

SYW Grenz Infantry

These figures are something that had been on my wishlist ever since Revell released its Seven Years War figures back on the late 90s and at last with 3D printing I can produce them. The basic figures have seperate torsos, arms and heads and I rapidly discovered that assembly would be a problem at 20mm. So I learnt how to pre-assemble them in 3D builder and although not perfect they are well good enough. The first pair of units are the Banal Grenz #1 and the Peterwardiner Ottocaner Grenz, which are quite distictive in their blue and red jackets.
It would be nice to find some mirliton heads so that I could do head swaps to build other units

2 comments:

Philotep said...

A late comment, but I've just read this post, great minis! Their historical models are very handsome, and your painting make them highly attractive! A beautiful subject.

Uwe said...

Great figures - I used the Germania resins for my projects.