05/10/2023

Progress against plan 3Q23

Continuing good progress against plan with 1,753 items completed. So onward to Christmas

Compared against specific targets I set
  1. Rationalise my Terrain, upgrading or replacing any unsuitable items - with the warm weather I have made a good effort on this.
  2. Retouch/Rebase as many figures as possible. - Zulu War completed
  3. Attempt to complete all the figures in the stash that have a clear fit with my current plans - underway
  4. Clear out all unwanted items - have sorted out another batch to go on ebay
Amplifying the above:
1. Rationalise my Terrain, upgrading or replacing any unsuitable items
  • Wooden Fencing needs either upgraded or replaced - all done except some additional gates, which I am currently 3D printing
  • Hills, I have too many of the wrong sizes - have chopped them down to sensible sizes & shapes
  • Rivers need expanded - not done, although I did manage to find the left over painted acylic sheets from my existing rivers
  • Wadi/Depression edges need created - completed
2. Rework/Rebase as many figures as possible.
  • Zulu Wars - delayed from last year - All completed
  • Dark Ages - About to start
  • Russian Civil War - not started
  • possibly Napoleonic British - not started
3. Attempt to complete all the figures in the stash that have a clear fit with my current plans
  • Finish the WSS - completed
  • Scottish schiltron - completed
  • More "Cossack" infantry & cavalry - completed
  • Baggage camels for the Crusades, Sudan, etc. - completed
  • Replace my old Napoleonic French Dragoons - completed
  • Napoleonic Spanish infantry for skirmish games - completed
  • 28mm ECW cavalry - not started, I am also printing some dragoons
4. Clear out all unwanted items, including painted figures
  • Assess each existing period, army, and units to consider if I am really going to use them - underway - have sorted out another batch to go on ebay
  • Reduce the figure stash from 4 crates to 3 - down to three crates, partly by giving away half my plastic bits box (crate) and using some of that space, so I now have slack in all my crates
5. 3D Printing - the bulk of my immediate needs have been printed so I am looking at
  • ways to produce matching 20mm figures & smaller equipment to complete my Napoleonic and other armies - have found a number of useful items becoming available for sale. Some of these I have purchased and am printing
  • components for houses and other terrain - I have have produced some bunker doors earlier in the year and recently somw wooden gates.
  • work on how to make/modify files to meet my specific needs - quite proficient at 3D builder and am using for head swaps, etc. I also modified an Austrian Limber into a close match to a Prussian one.
6. Gaming
  • Play at least one WW2 Sicily game as is is the 80th anniversary this year - unlikely to be done now
  • I would like to try Dresden 1813 as it is the 210th anniversary - unlikely to be done now
  • Attend as many shows as possible - attended Attack in Devizes this quarter, the Other Partizan this weekend.

1 comment:

Chris Kemp said...

Sorry I missed you at Partizan, Will. It was a very busy show.

Regards, Chris.