02/07/2024

Progress against plan 2Q24

An excellent start to the year with 1846 items completed, however about two thirds of those were reworking/rebasing.

Compared to my much looser plan than usual I have done the following:
  1. Rework/Rebase as many figures as possible - underway
  2. Enhance/Add some new forces to the collection - underway, but I've still not seen anything to tempt me into a new period.
  3. Maintain or ideally reduce the stash - ongoing
  4. Exploit the 3D Printer - Now in the middle of my second print run, with a higher success rate than earlier in the year when it was colder. I have also bought an FDM printer for terrain, although it is not working yet due to a disc drive malfunction
  5. Enjoy Games & Shows - underway with trips to Vapnartak, Hammerhead,the Easter big game and Phalanx.
Amplifying the above:

1. Rework/Rebase as many figures as possible.
  • Start on the Napoleonics (this may take a couple of years to do) - I made a start on the British last year - I've completed the British, Portuguese, Brunswick and Spanish plus my figures for skirmish games
  • WW2 Winter Russians - Completed
  • Early War German Fallschirmjager - Removed the bases, but not quite started on the basing

2. Enhance/Add some new forces to the collection in no particular order
  • 15mm DBA Italian wars army (for the forthcoming inter-club tournament) - bought a Hungarian army but it didn't have all the necessary options, so I sucessfully used some borrowed "Florentines" for the games - This project is now shelved and the Hungarians sold off
  • 28mm Female Gunfighters - not started yet
  • Add a unit of WW2 Japanese SNLF - completed
  • Extra units for the Crusades - completed
  • French Dragoons for Egypt 1800 - underway
  • Modify the SYW Austrian Grenz to use for Prussian Frei Korps - not started yet
  • Some extra Aztecs for skirmish games - not started yet, but I have trialed a couple of 3D printed figures
  • Various figures and terrain need for Montgisard 1177 - completed and sucessfully ran the game at both Vapnartak and Phalanx
  • WW2 BEF infantry (I plan to 3D print the extra needed figures, etc.) - I decided that the pint files were not good enough so the project has been shelved.

3. Continue to clear out all unwanted items, including painted figures
  • Re-assess each existing period, army, and units to consider if I am really going to use them - not started yet
  • Reduce the stash (figure and plastic bits box) from 4 crates to 3 - underway
  • review my 1/300 collection and decide its fate - not started yet

4. 3D Printing - the bulk of my immediate needs have been printed so I will work on
  • gradually replace existing diecast and other poor quality AFVs in my collection - not started yet
  • components for houses and other terrain - not started yet - I am planning to use the FDM printer for this
  • work on how to make/modify files to meet my specific needs - underway, I've enhanced my 1/80 Waco and I've created a similar bath-tubbed Horsa glider that has printed OK
5. Gaming
  • Continue supporting the Beacon Club and attending as many weekend events as possible - underway only one weekend missed so far due to other commitments
  • Attend at least as many shows as last year - The list of shows are Vapnartak, Hammerhead, an Easter big game and Phalanx.

No comments: