07/10/2026

Progress against plan 2026 - Q3 review

Well the second half of the year didn't start well and I have had various problems interupting the flow of painted figures. So my progress was only 732 items completed, whcih fells like an improvement on the first half's performance until you take account the quantity of rebasing. Breakdown of progress so far:
  1. Reworking my Napoleonic Russian Army - underway
  2. Enhance existing armies- underway
  3. 3D printing terrain (FDM) - started, but lots of learning to consider, I will use the FDM printer again now the colder weather has arrived
  4. 3D printing vehicles and figures (resin) - Both runs of the year completed
  5. Continue to clear out all unwanted items, including painted figures - Good progress up until Q2 but stagnated after
  6. Enjoy Games & Shows- OK so far ignoring the food poisoning at Attack
Amplifying the above:

1. Reworking my Napoleonic Russian Army
  • Rebase existing Russian Line Cavalry - completed
  • Decide whether to replace or rebase existing Cossacks - tested rebasing and decided to stay for now with existing cossacks
  • 3D print Infantry to replace Version 1 Springwood Infantry - all now printed
  • Rebase Version 2 Springwood Infantry, plus new 3D printed officers, etc. - completed
  • Decide how to replace existing Militia (HaT) - decided to sell and have sold them, I have printed some extra infantry to replace them
2. Enhance existing armies - already planned are
  • Napoleonic Saxons/Westphalians when I can find suitable STL files - still have not found suitable files
  • 28mm Wild West terrain including a mine (non MDF) - completed
  • Some more 28mm Gunfighters including some Indians- have printed mounted Mexicans and a stagecoach
  • 28mm Gangs of Rome figures.- not started
  • Some Spanish medieval infantry for the El Cid period - completed apart from some crossbowmen
  • 3 units of Almoravid Heavy Cavalry - completed
  • 3 units of SYW British Infantry - completed
  • 4 units of WSS Spanish (Walloon?) Infantry - not started
  • 3 units of WSS French Cavalry- completed as Walloon cavalry and painted another 4 French units I acquired
  • Legion Nautique for the French in Egypt 1800 - printed I now need to paint
  • Hanoverian limbers for the SYW - completed
  • a couple of units for the SYW - I decided on Hessians and have completed them.
  • Assemble and paint Wild West buildings received at Xmas - I have assembled and painted them apart from some signage. I have also added some purchased buildings and have started to paint them.
  • Support the stash reduction by painting useable items - started

2. 3D Printing Terrain (FDM)
  • Test printing a Horsa using FDM- conducted a digital test and decided it was feasible
  • Vietnamese hooches - Completed
  • Western European buildings - not convinced by the files I have
  • Spanish/Mediterrainean buildings - not convinced by the files I have
  • New bridges - not started

3. 3D Printing Vehicles & Figures (Resin) - in the summer
  • Napoleonic Saxon and Westphalian Infantry - not found suitable files yet
  • Napoleonic Russian Infantry - Completed - all printed
  • Maybe Napoleonic Russian Cossacks? - not needed
  • Gradually replace existing diecast and other poor quality AFVs in my collection - slowly clearing them out, quite a number went when I sold my winter troops

4. Continue to clear out all unwanted items, including painted figures
  • Re-assess each existing period, army, and units to consider if I am really going to use them - cleared out my winter terrain, various naval projects and my 15mm West Germans
  • Sell the identified surplus, probably on ebay - sold quite a lot now, but need to keep on selling
  • Review stash (figure and plastic bits box) aiming to reduce from 3 to 2 crates by painting or selling the excess - no progress yet
  • Identify replacement STL files for my 1st version Springwood Prussian figures for 2027 - not convinced by the files I have found so far

5. Gaming
  • Continue supporting the Beacon Club and attending as many weekend events as possible - OK so far
  • Try to attend the same number of shows as last year - Only Attack in Devizes over the summer, the number of shows are definately decreasing.

No comments: