31/07/2012

The postman calls thrice

Been keeping my local posstie busy. Over the last few days I've had three parcels delivered containing an assortment of good things from Harfields, GB&SD Models and Modelzone. Typically for me, there is a broad range of items, but most importantly a packet of Almoravid Light Cavalry, which will enable me to complete my Dervishes. Annoyingly the HaT German Tank Riders seem to have vanished, so my vehicles will remain without crews for a while yet.

In detail
  • 3 x Altaya Panzer III (a reasonably close match to my Matchbox Panzer IIIs, but the weight! - so they are going in the Big Game auction)
  • 1 x Zvezda French Napoleonic HQ (Yes I still need more Napoleonic staff)
  • 1 x Hat British 17th Lancers (Yes but they're for the Sudan)
  • 1 x Hat Frontier Light Horse (but still interested in the Zulu wars)
  • 1 x Hat El Cid Almoravid Light Cavalry (Hurrah, can finish my Dervishes)
  • 1 x Hat Austrian Grenadiers (There was a cheap deal and I needed the heads)
  • 1 x Hat WW2 German Wagon (Alan McCoubrey's fault)
  • 1 x Waterloo British Paratroopers with Pack Howitzer (lovely - now in hard plastic, the welbikes are going in the auction as well, apart from one)
  • 1 x Ace 100mm K18 (For my DAK, I blame Richard Marsh - Montys Battles)
  • 1 x Ace 150mm sFH18 (ditto)
  • 1 x ZV Kfz 61 Radio van (ditto)
  • 1 x Ace Kfz 17 Radio van (ditto)
  • 1 x Italeri Quad & 25pdr (I now need to find another 3 to upgrade my British Artillery)

Still a nice haul, and I'm ignoring the fact the stash is increasing!

No comments: