19/06/2007

SYW Buildings WIP (4)

Well, they're completed. The final stages were painting the hardboard base grey and then washing it and the terracotta roof black to bring out the texture. The slate roof was a bit to strong so I dry brushed it with a pale blue/grey instead. The linka wall was was washed in brown ink, but it was one of those surfaces where the ink spreads evenly rather than gathering in the cracks (I wish I could work out in advance which paints do this)

The doors were painted, then a bit of detail added with a fine pen.

What would I do differently next time? The windows have come out rather too blue, this is despite using the same blue as previous buildings, it was the scrim for the frame that took a much lighter dry brushing than the old embroidery frame. So I'll use a darker blue next time.

Will

No comments: